Gentex Wire Free CEP
Friday 31 May
Key Survival Equipment can now provide Gentex Wire Free CEP:
Providing advanced hearing protection in high noise environments for commercial & military aircrew, and ground crew personnel, the Gentex® Wire-Free Communication Earplugs (WCEP) Kit operates on the principle of Near Field Magnetic Induction (NFMI). The WCEP Kit improves passive noise attenuation, eliminates snag and hot spots associated with earplug wires, and simplifies helmet donning and doffing. The WCEP Kit also provides an ease of use with CBRN gear by eliminating the need to have wires pass through equipment. The WCEP Kit fits in helmets and headset earcups to provide redundant operations to existing equipment speakers.
- Innovative Design
- With no wires connected to the earplugs, the WCEP Kit offers maximized comfort through reduced irritation and elimination of hot spots, allowing for enhanced performance, safety and comfort.
- Battery-free Operation
- Does not need batteries or recharging, and no syncing with a transmitter is required. The magnetic, battery-free, wire-free earplug system uses an audio signal to stimulate a coil which initiates signal transmission. Power inherent in the radio audio signal is all the power the system needs, ensuring the earplugs are ready for use at all times.
- Redundant Speaker
- Audio is available via the existing equipment speakers, even if a user does not have Near Field Magnetic Induction (NFMI) earplugs when they need to use the headset or helmet in which the WCEP Kit are installed.
- Seamless Integration
- Transmitter fits around the existing transducer found in a Gentex helmet system or headset, so no drilling/cutting or refitting of a helmet or headset is required for installation.
- Superior Performance
- Offers reduced irritation and fatigue on the user, while improved sound protection and communications clarity increase mission effectiveness. The earplugs provide double layer hearing protection noise attenuation at a price that is a lower cost alternative to typical Active Noise Reduction (ANR) headsets.