ALPHA Eagle – Modern, Lightweight Design; Advanced Performance and Protection.
The ALPHA Eagle is the most versatile rotary wing helmet system available for commercial operations including law enforcement, air ambulance, fire services, forestry, and crop spraying. Pilots can select from a wide range of visor options; communications components, including plugs, connectors, and boom microphones; and hearing protection options. Five shell sizes are available in a variety of colours and finishes to optimise the fit and personalisation of the helmet system.
ALPHA Eagle – Features
- Five available sizes.
- Ensures an accurate fit, minimizing weight effect, and achieving optimum C of G (center of gravity).
- Stable, comfortable helmet platform.
- The unique quick fit system, incorporating ratchet nape adjustment, ensures helmet stability is maintained throughout the flight.
- Independent ear cup adjustment.
- The webbing mounted ear cup allows independent fitting of left and right ear positions, eliminates transmitted resonance and together with the shell mounted locking levers, maintains unsurpassed passive noise attenuation.
- Communication setup.
- A wide range of equipment options is available for the cockpit set up, including straight and coiled communication cords, microphones, plugs, and connectors.
- Gentex Wire Free Communication Earplugs (WFCEP) are available.
- Single or dual visor options provide maximum eye protection and field of view. Independent left and right hand lock up/down lever operation. The visor can be further adjusted to align with facial features and/or oxygen masks/maxillofacial shield. Clear, smoked and amber options are available.
- Specialised Gentex laser protective visors and spectacles are available.
- Semi Rigid Visor Cover (SRVC) or velveteen visor cover
- The SRVC provides a hard cover to protect your visors from accidental damage both in and out of the aircraft, the idea choice for use in helicopter and transport aircraft.
- The Velveteen visor cover option provides a soft cover for your visors when not in use, and is the idea choice for use in aerobatic aircraft and warbirds.
- Optional aircraft powered Active Noise Reduction (ANR)/Maxillofacial shield/oxygen fittings. Upgrades include ANR for low-frequency noise and enhanced speech intelligibility, universal oxygen bayonet receivers and the maxillofacial shield.
- Easy order guide ensures that your ALPHA Eagle is tailored to your individual requirements.
- Low cost of ownership.
- The modular design has a proven record of lowering cost of ownership through easy maintenance and fewer replacement parts.
- Specialist Air Support Unit (ASU) version of the ALPHA Eagle is available – for use with FENN Night Vision Goggles – Please contact us for further details.
ALPHA Eagle – Specification
- ANSI Z90-1 modified.
- Impact protection: below 300G for a 90ft/lb (122 joules) input energy
- Penetration protection: 1.8kg 60° striker at 1 meter
- Noise attenuation: over 40db@4kHz
- Climate: +50° C to -40° C
- Weight: nominally below 1kg